Recover Data From Corrupted Memory Card
Hello Friend, how can I recover data from corrupted memory card? I have a 32GB memory card which I used to saved clicked pictures, important documents and files. Today’s morning I noticed the SD card stopped working. I desperately need those precious pictures and document. Is corrupted memory card recovery possible? Please help!!
This the email I received last night from my close friend Alex. Memory card is reliable and widely used storage media. SD cards provides good read/write speeds as well as considerable space and too available at low price. In spite of so cool features and benefits user faces different types of issues like memory card gets corrupted after which all stored photos, videos, and the other files simply disappear and you are unable to access them. After which SD card user’s wonder for solution to recover data from corrupted memory card which fortunately possible.
Apart from memory card corruption there are many reasons resulted as data loss. Some very commonly seen reasons are:-
- Photo loss due to formatting.
- Memory card error or damage.
- Photos deleted accidentally or intentionally.
- Sharing same memory card between different cameras and computers.
- Incomplete file transfer or abruptly removing memory card.
No matter what’s the reasons but you don’t need to be disappointed as you can recover data from corrupted memory card. Follow the step given below:-
Solution to Fix corrupted memory card and for data recovery:-
- Connect the affected card to system using card reader.
- Click on the “Start” option from your Windows taskbar.
- Select the “Computer” option.
- Under “Devices with Removable Storage” >> Search for your SD card( note down drive letter).
- Now again, click the “Start” option again.
- Type “cmd” in the “search” box >> Right-click “cmd”.
- Select the “Run as administrator” option.
- Type “chkdsk” followed by the drive letter then by a colon and /f.
- Press “enter” >> Wait till Chkdsk check for possible errors.
After process completed, check your assigned drive letter to your SD card in order to verify files are recovered or not. Hope you have recover data from corrupted memory card but in case not you are advised to make use of Photo Recovery Software designed with advanced techniques which is capable to fetch all lost and deleted photos within few minutes.